Last weekend I went home to celebrate my mom's birthday and she decided that she wanted a lobster dinner. Since we were going to have our dinner celebration on Sunday, we went to buy the lobsters from the lobster truck that operates out of the Auburn Traffic Circle. They have the cheapest lobsters in town!
The lobster truck! One of these in NYC would make a killing! Who cares about wasabi ice cream from the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck when you could be eating lobsters?


Here's a photo of the lobster flag that they put out in the parking lot they are based out of. I want one.
The lobster truck! One of these in NYC would make a killing! Who cares about wasabi ice cream from the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck when you could be eating lobsters?
The owner of the truck displaying his seven pound lobster. It costs $42! My dad told me that my grandmother would buy one of these lobsters for herself and eat the whole thing for dinner. I think I inherited her appetite for lobster.

We brought our lobsters home and Mom thought it would be a good idea to bring the lobsters out for some fresh air before they got put in the pot and I agreed. We taught them to play some few sports as well. I was continually reminded of the poem the Walrus and the Carpenter. Do you think it was cruel of us to put these poor animals through this torture? I still don't know, but the resulting pictures were pretty cute. : )
Keep that ball rolling!
This lobster looks a little threatening with that bat. I wouldn't want to mess with him.
We bought 5 3 pound lobsters and they provided us with 8 lobster sandwiches and a fantastic lobster dinner. We cooked them on Saturday and reheated them for dinner on Sunday in order to cook them fresh. The lobsterman said that the lobsters would last in the refrigerator until the next day if we wanted to cook them then. It seemed cruel to keep them alive out of water for that long and would probably taste better cooked fresh anyways. They did get to enjoy their lawn sports though. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment